Want to be part of 8tree?
Do you want to be part of the dynamic Konstanz startup scene?
And at the same time make a real difference in one of the fastest moving industries in the world?
Are you interested in high-tech topics like 3D Imaging, Augmented reality, Cloud computing or Artificial intelligence?
Then 8tree might be the right place for you
What does 8tree do?
8tree is a world leader in portable 3D quality/inspection systems used in aerospace manufacturing and safety checks. Our vision is to make complex 3D measurement systems unbelievably easy. With this approach we convinced a global customer base to endorse our product, including major companies such as Airbus and Boeing.
Founded in 2015 in Colorado and Konstanz, it has now a diverse team of 9 passionate individuals. Most of them are located in our development headquarter in a cool office environment in Neuwerk Konstanz.
Our technology is at the heart of safe flying in the 21st Century. From optics and electronics to firmware and software: from hardcore mathematics and geometry to novel user interfaces and android apps (and iOS). But all the clever stuff inside the box is packaged and presented to the user as an easy and a fun to use experience.
And it doesn’t stop here. Think about deep learning, drones, robots: this the future and you can be part of it.
This is all new territory for a 3D scanner…. No one is an expert. You will be given the chance to succeed and learn as you go
As in every startup, you will get the chance to take the initiative and be exposed to all aspect of the business, according to your interest.
- Support the growing installations of 8tree products in Southern Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Serve as an extension of 8tree’s R&D Center in Germany with the teams in Germany and US.
- Facilitate advanced technical communication between customers and 8tree’s R&D Center.
- Participate in the business development process (demos, meetings, technical discussions)
- Opportunity to participate in building a worldwide engineering support organization
- Oversee the system build, work with suppliers to ensure smooth production
- Support our global customer and Reseller base from the office and on site
- technical support for customers & sales team, training
- evaluation & testing
- Support production and shipping logistics
(Web) Apps Developer/ Frontend
- Internal web applications & interfaces
- Demo interfaces for customers
- Browser based & mobile Apps (iOS, Android, Firefox, etc.)
Master Theses / Internships
Our R&D pipeline is full of ideas (deep learning, scanner-drone integration, automation & robotics). Some of these ideas will be moved to the next stage of prototype development which can be the basis of a Master Thesis. This will then include both technical aspects as well as user focused tasks (workflow mapping, demos, supplier and partner interactions).
What do we expect?
- Engineering degree (preferred)
- Independent, flexible
- Commercially aware
- English fluent to have a technical exchange
- Attitude is everything
What we offer
- Exciting work environment
- International exposure to companies all over the world
- Possibility for occasional travel